07 Feb What is a mockup? + 5 ideas to use mockups
When I explain that my couple and I are selling mockups online from pictures we take during our travels, many people ask us: What is a mockup?
So I thought that since it’s something super useful and practical for many businesses, it would be a great idea to do a video explaining what is a mockup and showing you 5 different ways to use mockups for your brand.
By definition, a mockup is “a model or replica of a machine or structure, used for instructional or experimental purposes.”
That’s how most of mockups look like: like a model. For me, that’s too flat and sometimes I need images that express more, that tell a story and convince people that what I’m showing is what they are looking for.
That’s why when we started traveling we found it was the perfect time to take photographies of any new place we visit and create photo mockups from them.
Now we have a huge directory and we are sharing it with anyone who needs a mockup in our Creative Market shop.
You can see all our mockups available at www.creativemarket.com/travellingmockups
The files we sell are .PSD (photoshop) layered files with an intelligent layer that you can simply double-click, copy and paste your design there and it will automatically apply the perspective and light to the main picture.
Mockups are great because:
– you get a super realistic result
– it automatically adds perspective and any filter you need
– it’s super fast
– you show your product in the most professional way
– and it’s super easy to use!!
In the video, I show you an example of how to change the design of any mockup, but in case you want to try it yourself, you can download for free a mockup sample from here:
Get this mockup for free here:
Simply add your info in this form and I’ll email you the PSD file so you can see how easy it is to use!
Now let’s talk about the 5 ideas to use mockups for your business:
1. You can use it in your portfolio
2. You can use it to present your design proposals to clients or to showcase your products on an online store without having to really produce all the colors and variations before selling them
3. You can use them to promote your digital free downloads in an appealing way and grow your email list with it
4. You can use them with your lettering and inspirational quotes
5. You can use them to post lifestyle and work in progress posts on social media
Do you want to see examples? They are all in the video 😉
I hope you like this video, remember that you can find the full directory of photo mockups in our Creative Market
Before you go... it's free!
I want to help you find your butterflies (aka clients) and make your ideal clients fall in love with everything you do.
Ready to have an unforgettable brand?