13 Dec Printable Christmas tags design tutorial
In this week tutorial, I’m gonna be teaching you how to design your Christmas tags with Illustrator. We will create a printable file totally customizable with any text or names you want.
You will need these materials:
– Adobe Illustrator
– Christmas clip arts.
Design your own Christmas tags
Enter your name and email and I’ll send you the materials ready to follow my video tutorial. Together we will create tags ready to cut and paste. Totally handmade 🙂
You can watch the full tutorial here:
In case you want to skip the video and read the quick guidelines, here we go:
1. Open a file in Illustrator with your desired paper size
2. Draw a rectangle filling all the paper area
3. Using the transform panel, divide the rectangle width into 3 parts and the height in 8. Like that, you will have the perfect size for your tag to repeat all over the page
4. Draw the tag shape
5. Add my free watercolor arrangement, which you can download for free here:
6. Type anything you want. It can be a thank you message, Merry Christmas, a name…
7. Copy the tag design all over the paper
Extra: If you want to print both sides of the tag, use my pattern to fill a new Illustrator artboard. It’s the best way to be sure that wherever you cut, it will always display something nice 🙂
Remember that you can download it from here:
If you want to paint your own watercolor Christmas leaves, you can follow my video tutorials here:
– How to paint Holly leaves
– How to scan watercolor paintings
– How to clean watercolor painting backgrounds
– How to create seamless patterns
Please share with me your thoughts and comments about this tutorial. I love hearing from you!